In the list below you will find currently open opportunities for students from our spin-off companies published at www.siropbusiness.com.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (f/m)
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer (f/m) who will join us in exiting customer projects and for the advancement of our proprietary software stacks.
Leitwert is a young company which realises technically sophisticated projects in a stimulating environment. We are a Spin-off of ETH Zürich’s Autonomous Systems Lab (www.asl.ethz.ch): originating from a robotics project we elaborate modular solutions based on our expertise in electronics, asynchronous programming and product development. Our projects range from wearable device development for athletes and medical research, sensor nodes and secure distribution solutions for firmware to web tools for energy data visualisation and analytics in retail. With our services and solutions for connected products we master all key components for the acquisition, storage and analytics of large amounts of data which enables us to provide vertical solutions for the IoT. To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer (f/m) who will join us in exiting customer projects and for the advancement of our proprietary software stacks (incl. RTOS). Elaborate stable software solutions for demanding challenges and convince us with elegant code as Embedded Software Engineer (w/m).
- Advancement of proprietary RTOS and Eco-System software components
- Firmware integration and development of algorithms for sensor fusion and on-board signal processing
- Working in software development projects from requirements engineering to the implementation including documentation
- Independent conduction of customer projects
- Positive and open personality, independent, adaptive and proactive
- University Master Degree (ETH/UNI/FH IT, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded systems
- Outstanding programming skills in C/C++, Python
- Thorough know how in the field of algorithm development, machine learning and signal processing
- Solid foundation in mathematics
- Experience with Low-Power Systems
- Know how in the field of Cyber Security is advantageous
- Know-How in the field of computer vision is advantageous
- Experience with medical device software desirable
- Hands-On working attitude
- Fluent in English (German is advantageous)
- You love challenges and want to engage in a start-up
**What we offer**
- Project based work
- Collaboration with experienced developer
- Diverse work with customer contact
- Interdisciplinary and highly motivated team
- Start-up spirit: actively shape our company culture
- Working location: Breitensteinstrasse 96, Zürich,
How to apply
Are you a Team player with the ambition to deliver top results? If so, we are looking forward to counting you in our team soon.
Miro Käch is looking forward to your complete application: firstname.lastname@example.org (Motivation letter, CV, job references, Diplomas including grading information).
You contribute to the advancement and robustification of our autonomous flight control stack.
robotics, UAV, software development, control, EKF, C++, embedded system, PX4, ROS, system identification, aerial robot, ETH spin-off
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this fast growing startup from ETH Zurich! With our convertible aerial robots, we aim for a positive impact on a global scale. The Wingtra 1 is a tool that improves search & rescue chains, inspects linear infrastructure, protects large wildlife areas and increases agricultural efficiency.
We want to bring this first convertible aerial robot to market. For that we are looking for intellectually curious leaders and dedicated team players who drive Wingtra forward. People at Wingtra are enthusiastic about what they do, learn fast from each other and demonstrate a high degree of empathy. Working with us, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and phantom stocks.
Together with us, you are responsible for bringing the working prototypes to a product in 2017. In this exciting phase, you will have the opportunity to work on all levels of the flight stack software development, i.e. defining your project requirements, prototyping, developing code and testing new features in simulation and on the aerial robot itself. Depending on your interests and level of skill, you will contribute to different areas such as high-fidelity system identification, robust state estimation, advanced control strategies or vision and perception algorithms. Joining Wingtra, you will become part of a talented team and have a positive impact not only on the team, but also the organization itself. With us, you will have the chance to shape the future of aerial robotics.
- +1 years experience developing C/C++ code preferably robotics related
- Used to version control, code review & CI in collaborative software development
- Outstanding general cognitive ability and problem solving skills
- Background in Mechatronics Engineering (or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable to take responsibility
- Honest, humble, and self-motivated
- 3 years experience developing C/C++ code
- Familiar with PX4 flight stack, ROS, POSIX, low level communication (CAN, I2C)
- Experience developing state estimation and control algorithms for UAVs.
- Experience with robot deployment in real environments, in particular UAVs in extreme weather conditions.
- Extensive knowledge in aerodynamic modelling and aircraft system identification
- Experience as software architect
- Leadership experience in professional setting or extracurricular (sports, scouts, etc)
How to apply
Become part of this exciting journey and submit your application on https://wingtra.com/career/wingtranaut/ We are a company that values diversity and seek to have a balanced team of women and men. We specifically encourage women to apply for this position.